NHS eligibility criteria
To receive free eye tests at home, certain NHS eligibility criteria must be met. If you can answer "yes" to any of the following, and you are unable to leave your home without help, then you may qualify to have a free NHS eye test in the comfort of your own home. You may also be entitled to help with the cost of glasses:
- 60 years of age or over?
- Diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma?
- 40 years of age or over and the parent, brother, sister, son or daughter of a person diagnosed with glaucoma?
- Registered blind or partially sighted?
- Eligible for an NHS Complex Lens Voucher (your optician will advise on your entitlement)?
- Claiming benefit (Income Support, Income based Jobseeker's Allowance, Pension Credit Guarantee or receiving tax credits and meeting qualifying conditions)?
- On a low income and named on a valid HC2 (full help) or HC3 (partial help certificate)?