The following groups are entitled to NHS sight tests:
- Anyone over the age of 60
- Anyone under the age of 16 or under the age of 19 if they are in full time education
- Those who receive (or whose partner receives)
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Pension Credit or Tax Credits and is named on a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate.
- Those with glaucoma and diabetes
- Those over age of 40 with a parent, brother, sister or child who has or had glaucoma
- People entitled to NHS complex lens vouchers
- Those named on a HC2 certificate
If you belong to one of the above groups you may be entitled to a voucher towards the cost of your spectacles. The value of this voucher depends on your prescription and the type of spectacle lenses you require.